Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CBBMA Air filter mods with crankcase breather, my Pics
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Modifications -> CarburetorsMessage format

rissole
Posted 2011-07-30 7:40 PM (#103442)
Subject: CBBMA Air filter mods with crankcase breather, my Pics

Regular

Hi Folks,

So I thought I'd follow in Redman's footsteps and others and modify and extend the 3-1 Henry Abe style air filter, to allow the crankcase breather hose to be routed back. This mod relies on having standard airbox parts as resources.
I took out the original crankcase vent, and mounted it on the back plate of the 3-1 filter. It looks like this.

Or looks like that.

I made a wooden former by drawing round the front plate, and cutting it a couple of mm smaller.

I bent a strip of polished stainless, 0.9mm thick x 625mm long and 40mm around the former to get it fairly close to the shape of the original.

Then some careful marking through the perforated original to drill and bolt up my extension strip. The polished stainless cost me £3.50 UKP, so this was definitely CBBMA

and another view.

Fitting the extended air filter case onto the backplate.

And sorting out longer screws, probably 90mm would have been ideal. I cut down some screws 100mm long.

Bolting it together it looks like this

Or that.

Remounted on the bike

With the side cover on...

And a look at the new crankcase breather position.

Cost of alterations under 10$, and there is a lot less filter shrouded by the rubber venturis on the carbs, so an increase in area for air to flow in. I will probably sort out a support bracket, currently I use a tie-wrap to partially support the carbs. This is similar to others of course, but is cheap, and needs no welding, and doesn't rely on making the whole thing all over again. And yes, I promise I will replace the filter material.

Cheers

Rissole.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)