Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how to carb syncing
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Maintenance and Repair -> CarburetorsMessage format

greggg63
Posted 2017-07-28 9:59 AM (#153288)
Subject: how to carb syncing

I have a 1981 XS850S and it doesn't have any pep. Starts OK though. Feels rough in vibrations as I am riding. So I got a set of gauges from ABN and hooked them up to the three ports. The gauge needles flutter like spastic butterfly wings and are all indicating in a very weak vacuum (2-3 hg). There are adjusters on each of the gauges, I think to set needle dampening. The adjusters were not much help. So last night I reset the valve clearances according to the Haynes manual. All of the intake valves were set too tight. Try again today on the syncing. Why were the gauges all indicating about the same very low reading like there was almost no vacuum? Am I supposed to do this syncing at engine idle or at a higher RPM? Is there a step by step set of instructions on how to do this syncing process? I searched the forum and there seems to be no set of instructions on how to do this and Haynes is no help. Maybe I got to find a vocational-technical college course book on carbs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)