Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My 1981 SH won't start
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Maintenance and Repair -> IgnitionMessage format

greggg63
Posted 2018-06-13 10:20 AM (#153848)
Subject: My 1981 SH won't start

I started the bike up after getting it out of storage for the winter and it did start OK. Then I parked it because I saw a leak at the tach cable and waited about a month to get the two gaskets necessary to fix the cable leak. Now, suddenly, the bike just wouldn't start. The starter spins the engine but it doesn't even try to start. I pulled the #3 plug and laid it on the engine and hit the starter and saw no spark at all. I did a battery charge and tried again and same result--it doesn't even try to start. I thought that this must be an ignition module problem and got one off of ebay. Swapped out my old one, no help. I looked at the fuses in the fuse block and they all look ok and no corrosion noted. I found a copy of the factory manual thanks to you folks and am going to check the ohmage at the two plugs. I haven't tried to kick start it because I just don't have the strength in my legs any more. I will reply to this post after I do the work with an ohm meter. I just found it weird that one moment it is running fine, and then after sitting a while, it seems to have died.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)