Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel in my Engine Oil - Boogah
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Maintenance and Repair -> CarburetorsMessage format

Barocca
Posted 2019-04-29 8:14 PM (#154260)
Subject: Fuel in my Engine Oil - Boogah

Got back from 3 week visit to daughter in Melbourne and discovered that I'd left the (manual) petrol tap on. Tried to start the bike and idled it for 10-15 seconds. It was then that I saw a re-enactment of the Exxon Valdez spill issuing from my airbox. It appears that a float needle has leaked and a good deal of fuel got into the crankcase.
I'm draining the crank and refilling with fresh oil. I imagine that the best procedure now will be to start the bike, allow it to idle for (say) five minutes, then take it for a slow, low rpm run for half an hour to permit the fresh oil to replace the remnants of the contaminated stuff.
Any ideas/advice on this matter will be welcomed.

As a side-note, I have the standard airbox fitted and much prefer the look of it and the relative quietness compared to the induction roar when running pod filters. However, I find it very difficult to remove and re-fit the carbs whilst using the standard airbox. Is there an alternative that gives most of the benefits of the airbox and the convenience of the quickly detachable pods?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)