Yamaha Triples
Search Forums | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendar | Albums | Chat | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

+Have a problem
Moderators: Moderators

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Maintenance and Repair -> ElectricalMessage format

chiz
Posted 2019-05-12 8:09 PM (#154287)
Subject: +Have a problem

Regular

Hi All
Long story shorter, my trickle charger detected a fault with my battery when I left the key on and I tried to charge it.I dug the battery from it's hiding place from the hump behind the seat(cafe). Bought a new battery because old one was toast YTX5L-BS for CBR 125cc.
While there I decided to lengthen the wires coming from the ignition side to the ignition box, 3 whites one orange and a blue 850 special. I removed the terminals from the terminal block that plugs into the ignition box and replaced the wires with longer ones about 1/4 way back to left side of engine ..ignition side.
The wires were not of the exact gauge and all required soldering I was careful to try and not mix up the whites. Anyway the bike runs like s***e.
Also is it possible to plug in the smaller plug that also plugs into the ignition box the wrong way or is it "keyed"? if it is keyed it is not very obvious at all.

Anyway what do you thik? Did I muck up the white wires? or did I introduce stuff with the different size wires or soldered joints that the ignition dose'nt like? or have I got the second plug in the wrong way? Or has something completely unrelated happened?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)